We are proud to announce that we have completed construction on the Bayou Bridge Pipeline, and the pipeline is fully operational. This second phase of the Bayou Bridge Pipeline provides Louisiana refiners with more efficient and sustainable access to North American crude oil as well as market diversification for North American producers. Additionally, the pipeline will further decrease our country's reliance on less stable foreign sources for crude oil.
For more information on pipeline construction click here.
The Bayou Bridge Pipeline is Sourced 100% with Pipe Made in the United States
- Approximately 88% of the pipeline, including the entire crossing of the Atchafalaya Basin, parallels existing infrastructure such as other pipelines, power lines and roads.
- The project reduces truck, rail and waterborne crude oil transportation, which increases the overall safety to the public and the environment.
- The project provides long- and short-term economic benefits to Louisiana via the consumption of goods and services.
- Across all agricultural lands, wetlands and the Atchafalaya Basin, the pipe is buried a minimum 48 inches.
- The pipeline is installed with buoyancy control devices, such as concrete pipe coating.
- Bayou Bridge Pipeline is committed to restoring 100% of any affected area - at the company's own expense - if there are any impacts from construction or during long term operations.
Taken in total, Louisiana's energy industry supplies:
- $1.5 Billion in state taxes (FY '13)
- $20.5 Billion in Household Income
- A total boost to Louisiana's treasury of $2.9 Billion